Gary's Micro-camper: Part 6
Updated: Feb 23, 2020
There was a strong chance of rain last Saturday, but I decided it would be better to get a little something finished on the camper rather than not trying at all. In other words, I resisted the urge to procrastinate!
First, I completed the installation of the slanted roof rafters.
Next on my list was the addition of strapping for further protection from high winds and racking.
Then began a mixture of mist and sprinkles, but the heavy rain held off long enough for me to cover the entire camper with house wrap.
This step is necessary because if water somehow gets behind the siding, it will drip down the house wrap instead of getting trapped behind the siding where it could eventually cause mold to grow or rot the wood underneath. Pulling the camper down a major interstate in the rain could definitely cause small amounts of water to make their way through tiny cracks in the siding.
My luck with the weather wore out at this point, and the rain poured down.
By Sunday afternoon, the sun returned. After drying off the house wrap with a towel, I applied tape to waterproof all the seams and cut out the two window and door openings.
Next weekend, I will begin the window and siding installation.
A view of the inside.
Have a wonderful week, and remember that kindness has the power to change the world!